City of North Battleford News Archive
On Saturday, September 18th, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, residents of North Battleford are once again encouraged to take advantage of Household Hazardous Waste Day (HHWD). The drop-off location will be the Public Works Shop at 11112 – 6th Avenue. The program is open to residents of North Battleford only, and no commercial loads will be accepted. Please label items if you know what the materials are.
Improper disposal of household hazardous waste can cause serious threats to human health and negatively impact the environment. Improper disposal of household hazardous waste includes pouring waste down the drain, pouring on the ground, into sewers or placing it in the trash.
Drive-in Style Drop-off
This event will follow all Province of Saskatchewan health mandates. Do not attend this event if you are sick. The drive-in style drop-off has proven to be safe, fast, and effective and will be conducted again for this HHWD. Please follow these steps.
- Load materials into the car trunk or truck bed of your vehicle
- Approach the Shop at 11112 6th Avenue
- A greeter will control access into the yard, answer any questions and screen products for drop-off
- When directed, drive your vehicle into the building to the drop-off location
- Turn off your vehicle, do not exit your vehicle
- Staff will remove the household hazardous materials from your vehicle
- If required staff will inquire about unlabeled materials, for proper disposal
- When completed continue forward to exit the building and follow the signs
- Exit the grounds onto 6th Avenue
The following materials are acceptable to be dropped off at the Household Hazardous Waste Day:
- Adhesives – contact cement, caulking, sealers, carpet and linoleum adhesives and glue
- Aerosols – hair spray, insect repellent, lubricant spray, furniture cleaners
- Automotive – carburetor cleaners, oil fuel
- Cleaners – oven and toilet bowl cleaners, glass cleaner, spot remover, disinfectants, car wax
- Fuels – gasoline, diesel, kerosene, lamp oil, oil/gas mixture
- Mercury – mercury, thermometers
- Oxidizers – chlorine, bleach, pool chemicals, fertilizers, hydrogen peroxide, septic tank chemicals
- Poisons – lawn herbicides, garden chemicals, rat poison, gopher killer, insecticides
- Solvents – paint thinner, acetone, alcohol, benzene, xylene, naphtha
Please bring hazardous materials in their original containers with labels intact and do not mix products. If you do not have the original container label the materials. If you do not know the specific product name label with the product category from the list above. Ensure that you secure the product so that it does not leak or tip.
www.cityofnb.ca/resident_services/waste_recycling/waste_pickup.html or install the app from the Google Play Store or the App Store for iOS. Find your waste pickup day, find out what materials go where and have reminders sent to you.
www.cityofnb.ca/mrws/filedriver/Accepted_Materials_2018.pdf for the full list of accepted materials for the Household Hazardous Waste Day and the alternative locations for non-accepted materials.
For more information:
Dustin Tungilik MacDonald, Communications Administrator
306-445-1713 | firstname.lastname@example.org