North Battleford City Council is the legislative body consisting of a Mayor and six Councillors - elected every four years by the voters in a municipal election. The most recent election took place in 2020.
The expectation of Council is to
- provide good government
- provide services, facilities and other things that, in the opinion of council, are necessary and desirable for all or a part of the city
- develop and maintain a safe and viable community
- foster economic, social and environmental well-being; and
- provide wise stewardship of public assets.
City Council holds regularly scheduled meetings throughout the year. Meetings are open to the public and held on Monday evenings unless otherwise stated starting at 8 pm in Council Chambers at City Hall. Meeting proceedings are also broadcast live on Access 7.
To appear in delegation at a Council meeting
- contact City Clerk by 4 pm on the Tuesday in the week preceding the Council meeting
- provide presentation material to City Clerk by 4:30 pm on the Wednesday prior to the meeting of Council
- prepare a presentation to Council to a 10 minute or less time frame – this allows for an appropriate time for any questions from Council
To view Council Meeting dates, the most recent meeting minutes and Council meeting agenda, visit the Council Meetings page.